The following recipes are taken from:
“Special Medicinal Recipes Shared from Mother Earth Co-op – A Medical Cannabis Cookbook” …
|Making Cannabutter / Cannaoil:|| |
Author: Mother Earth Co-op
- 1 oz cannabis (medical high grade)
- 1 lb butter or coconut oil
- Using the portions of one to four ounces of cannabis bud trim to one pound of dairy butter or organic coconut oil (vegetarian) will produce tremendously powerful butter. We recommend using bud and trim not the whole leaves of the cannabis plant. The whole leaf includes too much chlorophyll from the plant, giving the butter or oil an unpleasant taste. The higher grade the butter or coconut oil is the greater the application.
- Melt the unsalted organic dairy butter or organic coconut oil in a crock pot set on low.
- Manicure and dry flowers and/or bud trimmings.
- Grind slightly for a few seconds to separate buds with an electric coffee grinder.
- Gradually add the trim or flower with constant stirring.
- Cook in crock pot covered on the lowest setting with frequent stirring for two to four hours.
- Before the dark green butter cools, pour through a cheese cloth or French press and squeeze into containers.
- Once the butter cools cover containers and place in refrigerator to finish cooling.
- Storage: Butter can be kept in the refrigerator as you would normally store butter or frozen in airtight containers for a few months.